Job offer: Finance & Administration Coördinator - Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Finance administration of ChartCo (Nederland) BV, ensuring all financial internal checks are applied so as to safeguard company assets such as stock, debtors and fixed assets; ensuring no legal cases arise due to non-payment of creditors: liaising with central finance and local external parties as required; support local operational management.
ChartCo, formerly part of the Kelvin Hughes Group, is the world's longest-established and largest distributor of navigational data, nautical charts, marine technical publications and digital products. Innovative solutions combined with global locations mean that ChartCo can provide a market leading solution to the most demanding of fleets. ChartCo has played a key role in the servicing of the shipping industry for many years and with Kelvin Hughes is responsible for many of the innovations which have assisted ships' captains to navigate safely over the past two centuries.
- Control of cash payments, via Petty cash or bank
- Authorising payments to suppliers and employees (expense reports), logging into the business system. Both employee expenses and supplier payments will be made from the Dutch Office. Payment proposals and authorisation.
- Coordinate local payroll with payroll provider and post entries into the IFS system. Ensure changes resulting from current Law are reviewed, discussed and agreed with UK before they are implemented and paid out.
- Filing local sales tax returns – VAT (BTW in The Netherlands), corporate tax returns and European VATforms.
- Pension and benefits administration
- Handling employee credit cards: booking and coding credit card payments.
- Chasing debtors, handling supplier invoices. Booking in the IFS system, handling the supplier reminders
- Completing and submitting local customs/intrastats reports
- Reviewing Debtors – UK office will set targets to achieve from the local coordinator
- Monitoring use of fuel cards where applicable, and supplying information to the UK office on the costs involved.
- Invoices will be drawn up from the IFS system and sent to customers from the Dutch office, and in some cases customers from the UK office. There will be a requirement to review these and reprint them from a local office in case of customer/debt control issues
- Receiving bank cheques/payments from customers, and digitally allocating bank payments so as to invoice them if applicable... Perform bank reconciliation
- Liaising with local auditors and coordinating of data provision in support of annual statutory account preparation
- Manage the ChartCo property in conjunction with the Landlord. This includes ensuring the property is secured properly and conforms to all legislative and insurance requirements
- Dealing with local HR issues which includes:
- Coordinating holidays taken and/or applied for (based on the rules for Commercial and Charts people)
- Liaising with UK for solving overtime issues
- Being the main contact for HR in the UK in order to resolve any employee issues, either legislative or internal
- Staff resourcing issues e.g. organising temps.
- Making changes tresulting from case law (local government initiatives and reforms)
- Being the main contact for the UK IT department to assist in solving IT problems
- Being the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) representative for The Netherlands. Ensuring compliance with EHS regulations in the Netherlands, and communicating issues to the EHS manager
- Handling any projects and tasks coming up as required
Overseas employees’ compliance
- The job holder will be expected to comply with any reasonable operational instructions or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and internal checks. They will also be expected to to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others while at work.
- The job holder will cooperate with their employer in any way possible to ensure the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Failure to comply with this duty may result in ChartCo invoking the disciplinary procedure.
Are you interested in this job? Send an email to Michiel Herlé, email@example.com. or call him on 06-52464682.