Privacy and cookie statement
Purposes of data processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to allow access to the website www.drv.nl;
- to allow use of the features on our website;
- to enable users to enter into and administer agreements relating to our services;
- to contact you at your request;
- to manage client relationships and communicate on our services or the products you purchase, as well as similar services and products;
- to conduct marketing activities for our services, such as sending a newsletter (see the ‘Newsletter’ section). We will not use the personal data for other purposes, unless you have given your prior consent or we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy and cookie statement.
We will not supply your personal data to other parties unless this is necessary in order to implement the agreement or comply with a legal obligation.
We take appropriate security measures to curb abuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. We ensure that only necessary personnel have access to your data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are regularly monitored.
We publish a newsletter to keep recipients up to date with news in our areas of expertise, such as accountancy, tax, corporate finance and grants. If you purchase particular products or services from us, we may also inform you about related products or services, unless you ask us not to. Your email address will only be added to the subscriber list with your explicit consent. Every newsletter includes an unsubscribe link.
Permission for the use of visual material
If you participate in or are present at events of DRV or in which DRV is involved as a participant or sponsor, you may be recorded in footage to promote the event. By signing this statement, you consent to these images being used for internal and external communications via the website and other online and offline communication channels of DRV. You always have the option to make it known that photographs may no longer be used and must be removed. In order to submit your request, please contact us at email@example.com.
When submitting your job application, you rightfully expect us to treat your personal data as private and confidential. We consider it our responsibility to protect your privacy.
Before we can process your application, contact request or registration for a newsletter/promotion, we ask you to carefully read this privacy statement and agree with the manner in which we will handle your data.
We collect your personal data and record it within the context of our service provision. This concerns the following data:
- First name, surname and gender, so that we can address you correctly;
- Address details, so that we can identify which vacancies are within commutable distance;
- Telephone number and email address, so that we can inform you about vacancies, your application procedure and invite you for an interview or events/promotions;
- Information about availability and employment history, because it is in your interest that we match you to the vacancies that are of interest to you given your experience;
- Personal data actively provided by you, for example by applying via the website, through correspondence and by telephone;
- (Passport) photograph;
- Any other details that you state on your curriculum vitae;
- Any information provided by you during the application procedure;
- Data obtained from assessments and other selection tools;
- Notes about our impression of you and of your knowledge and experience obtained on the basis of your application and any interviews.
DRV only records special personal data (as referred to in the Personal Data Protection Act) after you have given your permission. If you upload your (passport) photo (voluntary), you also give permission for it to be stored. You can ask us to remove the photograph from our system at any time. The same applies to the voluntary video application (via Whatsapp or otherwise). We do not intend to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16 unless with the permission from parents or guardians. However, we can’t check if a visitor is older than 16. We, therefore, encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without their consent. If you suspect that we have collected data from a minor without said permission, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In that case, we will delete the data.
Purposes and bases for processing your data when applying for a job
We process and collect your (personal) data subject to your permission. That is why we ask permission to process your data for the following purposes:
- In order to accept your application and handle it adequately with a view to our vacancies;
- In order to follow up your contact request, when leaving your details on our website. For example, because you are interested in a vacancy or in what DRV can offer you as an employer;
- In order to process your registration for our newsletter, promotion or event and to keep you informed of our vacancies and news about working at DRV.
Furthermore, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to contact you if you have left your data for a promotion or event, such as our DRV bicycle raffle or an in-house day;
- In order to actively approach you when we think you are the ideal candidate for our vacancy and to include you in our relevant talent pools;
- In order to ask you if you want to help us improve our procedures and website by giving your opinion.
We do not collect and/or use data for purposes other than those described in this Privacy Statement unless we have obtained your permission in advance.
Retention period in the event of a job application
We will keep your personal data for a period of one year, thus giving us sufficient time to keep you informed of your application and a reasonable period after your application/registration to approach you about other interesting vacancies. After that period, your data will be automatically removed from our administration and recruitment system or made anonymous so that this data cannot be traced back to you.
Data Protection Officer
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, we are obliged to appoint a Data Protection Officer who monitors your privacy at DRV. The Data Protection Officer at DRV is Arnout Van Kempen. If you wish to submit a complaint, you can do so by contacting the Data Protection Officer. Please send your message to email@example.com and/or call +31 (0)165-573700.
Cookies are small data files that can be automatically stored on or read from the visitor's device (e.g. PC, tablet or smartphone) when a user visits a website. This takes place through the web browser on the device.
- enable features on the website (technical or functional cookies);
- analyse the use of the website and make corresponding improvements (analytics cookies);
- enable the visitor to interact directly with particular social media (social media cookies); and
- serve personalized advertisements to the visitor (advertisement cookies).
The information that a cookie records on your use of the website may be transmitted to DRV Accountants & Adviseurs’ own secure servers or those of a third party. The use of social media cookies and advertising cookies requires your prior consent. You give this by continuing to use the website after visiting the homepage.
Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain set. They can be used, for example, to render fonts correctly, to retain session data on the web server so that you can view the website, or to remember a search term used on the website or a chosen filter.
For which cookies do we request your consent?
Below is a list of the cookies we use in addition to the analytical, technical and functional cookies. We use some cookies ourselves, but for others we engage third parties. These third parties act on our behalf and we determine what happens to the cookies. In addition, some cookies are set and used exclusively by third parties. We have no control over such third parties and the way in which they handle your data.
Please Note: Third parties’ privacy statements are liable to change regularly.
- Google Tag Manager Google privacy statement
- Double Click (part of Google) Google privacy statement
- Facebook Facebook privacy statement,
- LinkedIn Linkedin privacy statement
- Twitter Twitter privacy statement
Enabling and disabling cookies
You can set your browser to accept cookies only with your consent. N.B.: many websites do not operate correctly if the cookies are disabled.
Many cookies have an expiry date. If an expiry date has been set, the cookie is deleted automatically when the date is reached. You can also delete cookies manually before the expiry date. To do so, consult your browser manual.
Would you like more information on cookies?
- Consumentenbond (Dutch Consumers' Association): What are cookies?
- Consumentenbond (Dutch Consumers' Association): What are cookies used for?
- Consumentenbond (Dutch Consumers' Association): Deleting cookies
- Consumentenbond (Dutch Consumers' Association): Disabling cookies
- Your Online Choices: A guide to online behavioural advertising
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to third-party websites that are connected to our website by hyperlinks. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will handle your personal data in a secure and careful manner. We recommend that you read the privacy statements on these websites before using them.
Inspection, correction and right to object
If you have provided us with personal data, you can send us a request us to inspect, amend or delete the data. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephoning us on 0165-573700.
Modification of privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy and cookie statement. Amendments will be published on this website. It is advisable to consult this statement regularly, so that you are informed of these amendments.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Naturally we will also be happy to assist you if you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data. Under privacy law you are entitled to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority concerning our processing of your personal data. To do so, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
If you have any further questions and/or comments after reading our privacy and cookie statement, you can contact us using the details below.